Fundamental Certification: Applicant
must complete an evaluation and a minimum of ten privates.
Certification: Applicant must be proficient in Level III Pilates Mat work
Training director Cathie Teague is committed to the preservation
of Joseph Pilates’ original method and technique. Cathie is
a third generation teacher and has been teaching Pilates for nineteen
years. She received her training and certification from Amy Alpers
and Rachel Segel through The Pilates Center in Boulder, Colorado;
often referred to as, the “Harvard of Pilates Training Centers.”
Cathie has also completed the Boulder schools Masters Program and
is Gold Certified by the Pilates Method Alliance - an alliance of
Pilates professionals offering an international exam and certification
to support and preserve the standards of the method.
Pilates Teacher Training Programs:
work of Joseph H. Pilates is revolutionary. It is also quite complex
and therefore requires intensive training and study to learn to
teach the method the way it was intended. It is not just a series
of exercises in a routine, but rather it is a technique of moving
the body through alignment and control. Learning the work through
a credible institution assures the high standard of education and
information necessary to become a qualified professional.
Pilates Institute provides practical, in-depth knowledge of the
complete Classic Pilates method. We are committed to providing the
tools and environment necessary to become a dynamic and effective
teacher. Students will learn how to teach at various levels and
for all body types while being safe and effective.
following information is provided through workshops, lectures,
symposiums, lessons and observations:
- The history and methodology behind the original work of
Joseph H. Pilates.
- The names and set-up of each apparatus including all of
the various parts.
- Various levels of the classical exercises on the Mat,
Reformer, Cadillac, Low Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector,
and all accessory equipment.
- The names of the exercises, the goal and purpose of each
exercise, how to properly execute them, and the concepts
behind each exercise.
- The exact sequencing of the exercises, number of repetitions,
and appropriate use of resistance.
- Proper spotting techniques and safety for each exercise.
- How the body moves through the support of the equipment.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- How to create a Pilates lesson to fit individual client
- How to effectively modify exercises when necessary.
- Posture analysis - how to recognize structural alignment
- Therapeutic applications.
- How to “see” a body in terms of alignment
- Communication techniques.
- Verbal cues and imagery to help your client get the most
out of each exercise.
- Dynamics of stability against movement.
- How oppositional forces move throughout the body.
- The dynamics of how the breath moves you through the different
- How to work from the inside out.
Certification Program is
six months in length with two parts
Part One: Four
- 12 Hour Workshops plus lectures and symposiums needed
Part Two: 360
*Case study - You are allowed to practice teach on a pupil of your choice at no studio fee.
Upon completion of the six month course, you will have thorough knowledge of all Level III exercises on all of the apparatus and be able to teach through Level III.
Certification Program is
One year in length with two parts.
Part One: Six
- 12 Hour Workshops plus lectures and symposiums asneeded
- 250 practice teaching
hours (including case study*)
- 100 lessons (at
least 50 of which are private lessons)
- 50 personal workouts
completion of the one year course, you will possess a thorough
understanding of the method and theory behind Pilates. You
will be able to accurately assess posture and movement patterns,
prescribe and teach effective Classic Pilates lessons, as
well as pace workouts for productive movement.
STUDENT CLASS SCHEDULE 2017
Saturday April 29, 2017 Level IV ~ Reformer and Mat Work
Saturday June 24, 2017 ~ Intermediate Cadillac, Barrels and Small Apparatus
Saturday July 29, 2017 Level V ~ Reformer and Mat Work
Saturday September 16, 2017 ~ Advanced Cadillac, Barrels and Chair
Saturday October 21, 2017 ~ Common Complaints and Injuries
Saturday November 18th, 2017 ~ The Art of Teaching
and Fees: Payment Plans available
Intermediate Program - $3,200.00 + Lessions - Six - 6 hour workshops
Program - $5,500.00 + Lessons - Eleven - 6 hour workshops
included in the program:
- A personal advisor available to answer question and guide
you through the program.
- Access to the Teague library (videos/books/periodicals).
- Use of the Teague Studio facilities for personal workouts
and practice teaching.
- Discounted studio use for your volunteer clients.
- Classes available six days a week.
on private lessons, duo lessons and trio lessons.
Classes will be charged at current membership rates according
to variable levels and lengths.
formal lectures, workshops and symposiums.
Complete observation hours.
Complete practice teaching hours.
Complete personal lessons and workouts.
Complete case study.
Complete reading list and anatomy palettes.
Pass written and practical exams with a score of 80% or higher.
For more information call...1